Food refrigeration, Conveyor systems, Packaging machines, Mechanical seals, Pipes, Couplings, Pumps, Seals, Sensors, Separators, Tanks, Homogenisers, Dampening devices, Filters, Fluid beds, Spray dryers, Motors, Transportstion, Mechanics, etc
Design Principles, Building and Architectural Design, Dry and Liquid materials and products handling, Hygienic Systems Integration, Cleaning and Sanitation, Testing and Certification
Metals and Alloys, Elastomers, Plastics, Welding, Vulcanization, Building Construction Materials
Closed and Open Processing Equipment, Milk, Meat, Fish, Milling, Baking, Sweets, Confectionary, Water etc. products processing equipment
Air Handling, Electric and Power Installations and Machines, Heat treatments, Lubricants, Process water, Electronics, Computing
Training and Education in Hygienic Engineering and Design
Tracking food plant operations and in-plant technology developments in food quality and safety
systems / standards: GAP, GMPs, SSOPs, HACCP, ISO family, BRC, IFS, SQF, TQM and more
Microbiological, Chemical and Physical hazards, Risk Characterization, Assessment, Analysis, Communication, Estimate, Management, Control, Toxicology, Allergology
Laws, Regulations, Food Quality and Safety Codes
Cleaning, Sanitation and Environmental hygiene monitoring science and technology
Microbiology, Chemistry, Developments and Innovations, Issues, Trends, Test methods and Instrumentation used in food science
Training and Education in Food Quality and Safety
Animal and Plant products production, Aquaculture, Agro-technique, Legislation, Economics
Dairy, Meat, Fish, Milling, Baking, Sweets, Confectionary, Wine, Beer, Soft drinks, Spirits, Water Processing Technologies and Engineering, Starter cultures, Probiotics, Prebiotics, Economics, etc.
Types, Innovations, Legislation, Control, Analysis, Food structure, Fortification
Packaging systems and materials, Environmental impacts of packaging, Recycling, Packaging in business and marketing, Shelf Life extension, Evaluation, Preserving freshness, Quality preservation and Storage stability.
Feed ingredients and additives, Processing technologies, Feed chain management, Feed control and analysis
Consumers behaviour, Consumers information, Food Labelling, Food Security, Determinants for food choice
Tools and Techniques for Product and Brand improvements and optimization, Sensory measurement, Test methods
Food eating disorders, Society trends, Nutrigenomics, Nutritional value, Diets, Dietary intake, Supplements, Labelling, Food impact on health and welfare, Obesity
Bioproducts from microbiological, animal and plant origin
Traditional Foods, PDO, PGI, TSG, Appellation of Origin, Production technologies and techniques, Control
Welcome to the Journal of Hygienic Engineering and Design paper submission process. Outlined, in the following paragraph, is a brief summary of the 4 steps all authors should follow in order to complete JHED’s paper submission process. Additional instructions will follow as you proceed through each individual step.
1. REGISTRATION – Before submitting an abstract, each correspondent author should register in JHED’s author database, by filling out the Authors Registration Form. The Registration form can be accessed via the red REGISTRATION button in the upper right corner of the website, or at the base of the ‘Authors Registration’ tab. When successfully registered, a note will appear, informing you of a successful registration and you can move on to the next step in the submission process – the Abstract Submission step.
2. ABSTRACT SUBMISSION – At the ‘Abstract Submission’ tab, you can view all the necessary rules, guidelines and forms for Abstract Submission, following JHED’s writing criteria. Upon completion and upload of your Abstract to the Publisher, a notice should appear informing you on a successful submission. Afterwards, you can move on to the next step, the Cover Letter.
3. COVER LETTER – After submitting the Abstract, the author must prepare a Cover Letter indicating they have not submitted a similar manuscript for publication elsewhere. In the ‘Cover Letter’ tab, you can find a Blank Form in which you can complete the Cover Letter.
NOTE: Please note that the Cover Letter is to be submitted alongside the submission of the finished Full Paper at the final step of the submission process – The Full Paper Submission, and not before.
4. FULL PAPER SUBMISSION – Upon an e-mail approval for a successful Abstract Submission (pending your abstract has followed the proper guidelines and/or has completed the required corrections), and concluding your Cover Letter preparation, you can proceed to the last step of JHED’s paper submission process, the ‘Full Paper Submission’. In this tab, much the same as in the Abstract Submission step, you can view all the necessary rules and guidelines for the Full Paper Submission. Upon completion, please submit, both, the Full Paper and Cover Letter together in the form at the Full Paper Submission tab, after which a notice will appear, informing you on a successful submission.
Following Registration, we proceed to Abstract Submission, where you can view all the necessary rules and guidelines in order to correctly complete writing your Abstract.
1. Before starting, please view, read and/or download the accompanying documents: General Abstract Rules, Review Abstract Form and Scientific Abstract Form.
* Please pay careful attention while reading these documents, in order to avoid mistakes when writing the Abstract
2. Upon abstract completion of the Abstract Review or Abstract Scientific Form, you can submit the document by clicking on the “Submit Abstract” button, located at the bottom of the tab.
3. In the following 3-10 days you will receive an Abstract Summary Review by the editor. If the abstract is correctly written and satisfies JHED’s writing criteria, a pro-invoice for the publication fee will also be sent and thus you can proceed to the next step/tab – the Cover Letter.
NOTE: If necessary, as result of not following the correct guidelines while writing the abstract, the author will receive a correctional summary review, informing them of the certain changes needed to be made in order to satisfy JHED’s writing criteria. All authors will have a time frame of 5 days in which to correct their abstracts and re-submit them.
Following Abstracts Submission, we proceed to the Cover Letter step. All authors should fill out and send to the Publisher a Cover letter, indicating they have not submitted the same or a similar manuscript for publication elsewhere.
1. Before writing, please read, view and download the accompanying documents, located on the right side of this tab: Cover Letter Sample and Cover Letter Form.
* Please pay careful attention while reading this documents in order to avoid mistakes while writing the Cover Letter
2. Upon completion of the Cover Letter, please keep your document aside for later submission, which will be done at the next and final step/tab – ‘Full Paper Submission’.
NOTE: Full papers submitted without a Cover letter WILL NOT be published.
Following the completion of the Abstract Submission and Cover Letter steps, we proceed to the final step of the JHED Submission Process, the Full Paper Submission.
1. Before writing, please read, view and download the accompanying documents, located on the right side of this tab.
* Please pay careful attention while reading these documents in order to avoid mistakes when writing your Full Paper.
2. Upon completion, please submit both the Full Paper and Cover Letter, by clicking on the ‘Submit Full Paper & Cover Letter’ button bellow.
NOTE: Upon receiving your positive abstracts summary review, please be aware that all authors have a time frame of 1 month (30 days) to write and submit their full paper.